Monday, January 21, 2008

4 Reasons Why Resolutions Don't Work (Part 1)

Hi all!

Lately i'm been a very bad boy! I've been very lazy.

This weekend, I read a few things i needed to do but have not committed to any certain tasks to achieve my goals for this year. What i usually say to myself when committing to a task are:

1. "I can/might do this later...."
2. "This is too hard.."
3. "I need to do something else first. eg have a shower, brush my teeth, watch my favourite TV show, blah, blah..."
4. "I'm too tired.."

Basically, I need to stop making excuses. Even though you make mistakes, you need to keep going no matter what. That's how you learn.

Remember the first time you rode your first bicycle? During the first few tries you going to fall down and sometimes you will get a few bruises. But once you get a hang of it, it will seem natural. The first step is always the hardest.

That reminds me of New Year Resolutions. I remember why last years new year resolutions didn't work properly. One of the resolutions i had was to quit my job and find better work and make a million dollars by the end of the year.

The problem with the new year resolution was that there was no specific goals at all. Let's have a look at it closely:

I said i promise to quit my job, which i did by the way didn't do but i found a better part time job but overall, not that satisfying. The problem was too vague, focused on the negative stuff and therefore no set target to achieve. For example, what kind of new job do you want? Do you want a new job but in a different field of work?

To be continued....part 2

No comments: