Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Don't Fall Into Becoming The Victim

When i lost a ton of money a few hours ago, I wanted to tell my friend that i lost a ton of money - I wanted him to feel sorry for me. I wanted someone to acknowledge that i had done a big mistake.

It felt like being congratulated for losing shitloads of money or felt sorry for. Retrospecting on this, i think this is the worse thing that i can do. Everytime i do this, i make people feel sorry for me. This is unfair to them - because i'm manipulating them and i havent learnt a thing.

In fact, i will eventually keep making the same mistakes and i become the victim due to my own self-manipulation. Have you ever had any friends that you feel sorry for? If you look deeper into this person, the person is actually manipulating you and himself/herself - and they don't even realize it. Most of the time, they want attention and approval.

I think this is my weakness - wanting attention and approval. But i think it's not best to dwell on it. I need to let it go. That's the hardest thing, letting it go.

No comments: